Social justice is being used as a tool of “oppression,” according to a team of Canadian researchers.
Meanwhile, conservative media teaches students that social justice warriors are full of shit, professors from three Canadian universities said in a presentation this week at the Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences in Vancouver.
“When students think it’s okay to censor anything they don’t like, what do they learn? They learn nothing,” Dr. Noble said. “They’ll never accept the facts and they’ll never be opened to ideas that goes against their own world view.”
Researchers set out to interview college-age students about what they believe in and what they see and hear in the media, but kept hearing the same thing from certain students: if they find something personally offensive, then it should be censored.
“That’s troubling,” psychologist Dr. Noble said. “I can understand why high school should be a safe space, but not colleges and universities. If college students can’t handle opposing ideas and the facts of life, they’ll never be able to take care of themselves.”
Dr. Noble has some advice for college students.
- Life will never take you where you expect it to go.
- Life is not fair, deal with it.
- Your college or university degrees will not guarantee you a job.
- Don’t follow your dream, get a job that’s practical. Although, if your back is against the wall, then take a risk.
- You’ll most likely hate your job, put up with it.
- Some people will never get married and have kids, no matter how much they want it.
- Some people will accept you for who you are, but other people won’t. Put up with it.
- Quit your bitching and whining.