The ad-program gives you the opportunity to make money from your free blog. If we place and ad on your blog, whether if it’s an ad banner or a sponsored post, we’ll split the ad revenue, 50/50.
- Your blog must be registered with TowniePlace.ca
- Your blog must have at least 25 quality blog posts.
- The content must be your intellectual property, unless you have written permission to use somebody else’s work for commercial purposes.
- Some content that’s within fair use will be acceptable. Read our guideline on fair use for more information.
- Your blog cannot already have ads, this includes affiliate links and sponsored content.
- Your blog cannot contain duplicate content. This includes a blog post published more than once and content taken from other websites.
TowniePlace.ca advocates fair use. However, if you want ads on your site, we must be a little more strict on what you can and cannot post.
- Some gaming companies are lenient when it comes to video game footage, others are not. So before you post game footage, research these video game companies’ stance on video game footage. We’ll do the research anyway.
- Don’t post music videos on your blog unless it’s your own or you have written permission to do so, even if it is fair use.
- Don’t post footage of TV shows, movies, or YouTube videos unless you have written permission to do so, even if it is fair use.
- You can use news clips as long it’s for commentary purposes and you give credit where credit is due.
- You can post excerpt for Wikipedia and news sites as long as it’s for commentary purposes and you give credit where credit it due.