Thank you for choosing Townie Place as your WordPress host. To prevent spam, all accounts will be approved and set up manually. This can take one or two business days.
Although we don’t believe in censorship, we do have terms of service for you to follow. Violating these terms may result in getting locked out of your site, a reprimand, or your website getting deleted. Also, these terms of service are subject to change.
- Don’t publish pornographic or erotic videos, photos, drawings, or written text depicting anyone who is not legally an adult. In some countries, it’s 18. In other countries, it’s 20. Although, sometimes it may be hard to prove a person’s age. Regardless, there is zero tolerance for child pornography and child erotica and it will result in your website getting deleted.
- Don’t publish any child exploitation or content that advocates child exploitation.
- Don’t publish content that advocates or encourages violence toward other people. Some examples include assaulting somebody based on their political views, or assaulting somebody based on their gender identity. There is zero tolerance of advocating or encouraging violence and it will result in your website getting deleted.
- Don’t make threats of any kind. This includes threats of violence, financial threats, blackmail, etc. There is zero tolerance towards threats and it will result in your website getting deleted.
- Do not defame others. Defamation is spreading false information about an individual, a group of people, or business. If you’re going to make negative statements about somebody, have the evidence to back it up.
- Don’t sell weapons, drugs, or anything illegal. Weed is legal in some places, but not others. For that reason, you can’t sell weed on your website.
- Don’t be a bully. You can express a negative opinion about public figures such as celebrities, politictians, etc. However, creating a blog or website to embarrass, sexually harass, or criticize a private person is not cool. This will result in a reprimand. Continuing to use your blog or website to bully someone else will result in your website getting deleted.
- We don’t allow copyright infringement, but we do allow fair use. Fair use is one of the limitations to copyright intended to balance the interests of copyright holders with the public interest in the wider distribution and use of creative works by allowing as a defense to copyright infringement claims certain limited uses that might otherwise be considered infringement.
- If you’re going to publish bigoted content, expect to be spoken out against.
If you want a website, then fill out this form. You will be contacted within 1 or 2 business days.